Quick Win project No. 23: Kuranda Neighbourhood Centre, Qld
The Kuranda Neighbourhood Centre is a non-profit, incorporated Association. It does the following:
– Provides information and appropriate referrals to individuals, families and the community;
– Provides programs for individuals, families and the community;
– Assists local groups;
– Provides a support service for people who are experiencing financial difficulties;
– Provides face-to-face and telephone counselling to individuals;
– Delivers community education and personal development workshops and courses.
See what has been achieved via the CORENA loan to the Kuranda Neighbourhood Centre so far
|Project 23||kW (solar &/or
|MWh to date
avoided to date
|At Kuranda NC||7.00 kW||13.49 MWh||13.49 t||$10,541|
|At subsequent projects||3.11 kW||1.02 MWh||1.02 t||$3,143|
|Total||10.11 kW||14.51 MWh||14.51 t||$13,684|
Switch on date: 10/10/18.
Number of days in operation: 459.
* Since the amount of CO2 avoided is highly dependent on the fuel source used for local grid electricity, and since each CORENA project is in a different location, we have used 1MWh = 1 tonne as a rough approximation across all projects.
Loan amount: $10,540.88
Loan repayments: $590/quarter
Status: Funded project
Installation date: 30/8/2018
System switch-on date: 10/10/18
Loan repayments received so far:
|Work details||Cost||Expected savings|
21 x 330W LG Neon panels
6kW SolarEdge inverter