Project 33: Clunes Coronation Hall, NSW
The Coronation Hall in Clunes is a community property managed by a committee of local residents.
The activities at the hall include meetings, weddings, celebrations, children’s disco, drama performances, music performances, swaps, Elders Xmas Dinner, gym classes, dance classes, yoga, garage sales, motorcycle and car rallies, Council meetings, and Xmas Carols.
The success of an earlier CORENA solar project for a different hall in Clunes inspired the Coronation Hall committee to apply for a solar loan. They already knew exactly what to expect, making this project very easy for our project organisation team. Two large donations arrived just at that time, enabling this project to be fully funded in just 2 days.
See what has been achieved via the CORENA loan to Clunes Coronation Hall so far
* The CO2 figures are very approximate. The subsequent projects assisted by funds originally donated to this project have been and continue to be implemented at widely different places and times at which different carbon intensity factors apply.
Status: Funded project – loan repayment in progress
Loan amount: $9,353
Loan repayments: $420/quarter (the hall committee have elected to pay back more than the expected quarterly savings)
5kW solar PV:
– 17 of Enphase Q Cable – Portrait
– Enphase Envoy-S Metered + DRM
– Enphase Mobile Connect 3G
– 17 Enphase Energy IQ7PLUS-72-2-INT
– 17 WINAICO WSP-310M6
Expected savings: $532/year, 6789 kWhr/year