Numerous regional groups are part of a growing citizen-funded renewable energy movement. Our Regional Partners are empowering their local communities by giving them the opportunity to help collectively fund the practical solar projects administered by CORENA. Take a look at their achievements so far in the Regional Partner pages (right sidebar)!
Ways your group can be involved
- Partner with us on a project in your area. You identify a suitable project in your area and raise some of the required funds locally, and we’ll raise the rest from our nation-wide supporters and loan repayments from our previous projects.
- Nominate a local community organisation for a Quick Win community solar project, and help with local promotion of the project
- Have donation jars for CORENA solar projects at your usual community outreach events
- Volunteer specific skills, such as seeking admin grants, approaching philanthropic bodies, seeking corporate donations, or helping with media tasks
- Raise $450 (nominal installed cost of one panel) to put ‘your’ solar panel on the roof of the current Quick Win community solar project
- Whatever YOU think your group would like to do to help make community-funded renewable energy projects succeed and to share in the ‘ownership’ of that success – anything from organising a benefit concert to simply collecting contributions from amongst yourselves
Be creative! Regional Partners are what you make them. Please contact us if your group wants to take part.