Project 33: Clunes Coronation Hall, NSW
The Coronation Hall in Clunes is a community property managed by a committee of local residents.
The activities at the hall include meetings, weddings, celebrations, children’s disco, drama performances, music performances, swaps, Elders Xmas Dinner, gym classes, dance classes, yoga, garage sales, motorcycle and car rallies, Council meetings, and Xmas Carols.
The success of an earlier CORENA solar project for a different hall in Clunes inspired the Coronation Hall committee to apply for a solar loan. They already knew exactly what to expect, making this project very easy for our project organisation team. Two large donations arrived just at that time, enabling this project to be fully funded in just 2 days.
See what has been achieved via the CORENA loan to Clunes Coronation Hall so far
* The MWh figure is the amount of grid electricity avoided by solar electricity generation and energy efficiency measures. The resultant reductions in carbon emissions can be visualised as an equivalent number of average households switching from grid electricity to 100% renewable electricity, noting that the subsequent projects have been avoiding grid electricity for less time than the original project.
This project has been fully funded- Thank you!
Thanks to all the people who have donated to this project.
Status: Funded project – loan repayment in progress
Loan amount: $9,353
Loan repayments: $420/quarter (the hall committee have elected to pay back more than the expected quarterly savings)
5kW solar PV:
– 17 of Enphase Q Cable – Portrait
– Enphase Envoy-S Metered + DRM
– Enphase Mobile Connect 3G
– 17 Enphase Energy IQ7PLUS-72-2-INT
– 17 WINAICO WSP-310M6
Expected savings: $532/year, 6789 kWhr/year
Reduction in carbon emissions/yr: Equivalent to 1.22 average households using renewable electricity instead of grid electricity
17. Albert L-T
18. Trish L-T
19. Coast FM transmitter
20. Apprenticeships Q
21. Mansfield Kindergarten
22. Frances L-T
23. Clunes Old School
24. Coast FM studio
25. Sonia L-T