Project 40 – Abbeyfield Kooringal, NSW
The Abbeyfield Kooringal project will provide a 5.28kW solar photovoltaic installation for each of a group of six new 2-bedroom free-standing units, which have been designed to provide a safe, secure and affordable housing option for those living with an intellectual disability.
The solar generation from this project will ease the cost of living pressures for the residents while reducing their environmental impact.
This project has been part-funded by a grant directly to Abbeyfield of $10,000 from Spark Infrastructure, the developers of the Bomen Solar Farm, with the CORENA interest-free loan covering the remainder of the project cost.
See what has been achieved via the CORENA loan to Abbeyfield so far
* The MWh figure is the amount of grid electricity avoided by solar electricity generation and energy efficiency measures. The resultant reductions in carbon emissions can be visualised as an equivalent number of average households switching from grid electricity to 100% renewable electricity, noting that the subsequent projects have been avoiding grid electricity for less time than the original project.
This project has been fully funded- Thank you!
Thanks to all the people who have donated to this project.
Status: Funded project – loan repayment in progress
Loan amount: $33,636.50
Loan repayments: $1,500/quarter
31.68 kW solar PV (5.28kW on each of six units)
– 96 x 330w Jinko Cheetah JKM330M-60 Mono Crystalline Panels
– 96 x Enphase IQ7PLUS-72-2-INT 290w Microinverters – includes: Enphase Q-Cable, Q-Relay Enphase Field
Wireables & Dehn surge protection
– Enphase Envoy S-Metered Communications Gateway + DRM
– Tin Roof Rack & Rail Kit for 6×16 panel AC System
Cost: Total cost $43,636.50, assisted by CORENA loan of $33,636.50
Expected savings: 46,824kWh/year, approx $8,000/year
Reduction in carbon emissions/yr: Equivalent to 6.51 average households using renewable electricity instead of grid electricity
Installed 29 October 2020
17. Albert L-T
18. Trish L-T
19. Coast FM transmitter
20. Apprenticeships Q
21. Mansfield Kindergarten
22. Frances L-T
23. Clunes Old School
24. Coast FM studio
25. Sonia L-T